Postal address: KUL Doctoral School Secretariat, Room GG-138, Al. Racławickie 14, 20-950 Lublin, Poland,
e-mail. email@example.com, tel. 81 445 41 38
Registration of candidates for the Doctoral School for the academic year 2021/2022 – from July 28, 2021 to August 29, 2021.
We would like to inform you that the interviews for candidates to the KUL PhD School will be held online, using the Teams platform.
People admitted to the interview will be informed electronically about the date and time of the interview.
More information soon.
KUL doctoral school offers PhD programmes in the following disciplines:
4) literary studies
5) art studies
7) theological studies
8) social sciences
10) canon law
28.07.2021 – 29.08.2021 – electronic registration of candidates / submission of required documents through your online account.
6 – 11.09.2021 – assessment of applications by evaluation commissions.
16 – 17.09.2021 – interviews (We would like to inform you that the interviews for candidates to the KUL PhD School will be held online, using the Teams platform.
People admitted to the interview will be informed electronically about the date and time of the interview. More information soon.)
18.09.2021 – publication of ranking list (results). Your result will be released to your online account.
20 – 22.09.2021 – confirmation of admission in the online account and submission of the required documents.
22.09.2021 – additional Committee proceedings – admission of candidates from the reserve list, if applicable.
The rules of the admissions procedure are set out in the attachment to the Resolution of the Senate of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin of January 28, 2021, regarding the conditions and procedure for admission to the KUL Doctoral School for the academic year 2021/2022.
Guidelines for Candidates – 2021 – detailed guidelines for a research project and an interview can be found here
Candidates applying for admission to KUL Doctoral School are required to submit the following documents through candidate’s individual accounts in the online registration system:
- signed application for admission to the KUL Doctoral School generated from the online account containing: applicant’s personal data, the choice of the discipline of study, choice of the language path, the language of the interview;
- copy of an MA diploma; higher education diploma obtained outside of Poland has to be authenticated with apostille or legalised;
- academic curriculum vitae, containing information on publications and research grants obtained or participation in a team research program conducted under KUL;
- documents confirming academic activity indicated in the CV and participation in research grants;
- description of the research project proposal (initial concept of the doctoral dissertation), specifying research interests and sub-discipline;
- declaration of the PhD supervisor (download the declaration);
- A document confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at least B2 level (certificate or diploma); in case of choosing the English language path it is required to submit a document confirming the knowledge of English at least B2 level; (list of certificates confirming English proficiency);
- declaration to respect the Catholic character of the John Paul II Catholic University in Lublin (download the declaration);
- certificate of no criminal record (download the Certificate);
- one colour photograph (35 x 45 mm);
- letter of recommendation from the Church authorities (only clergymen);
- opinion of the pastor of the parish of permanent residence – in the case of Roman-catholic lay persons applying for admission to philosophy, canon law or theology programmes;
- permission of the Institute Council to apply for admission if the applicant’s master’s degree does not correspond to the discipline of the application programme;
- nostrification of an MA diploma (if required);
- Polish sworn translation of the original MA diploma. The translation should be taken by a Polish sworn translator;
- copy of a passport – data page (foreign citizens only);
- copy of the health insurance policy or a declaration of joining the NFZ health insurance system upon commencing the programme (foreign citizens only) (NFZ declaration).
Upon admission candidates have to submit:
1. original MA diploma;
2. form for candidates admitted to a PhD programme (to be printed from your online account);
3. statement that you will attend a PhD programme only at the KUL Doctoral School.