!!! The educational documents need to have Apostille or Legalization with Polish sworn translation !!!
The Apostille can be stamped only in the countries, which signed the Hague Convention. The original educational documents should be marked with the stamp ‘Apostille’ by Ministry of Education and Science. The list of countries – parties to the Hague Convention and the list of institutions authorised to issue the Apostille is available here: Apostille – Competent Authorities by country.
The legalization can be stamped only in the countries, which are not a party to the Hague Convention. The legalization of the educational documents can be done by the education authorities (the Ministry of Education and Science, your school or educational institution) of the country on which territory or education system the certificate was issued. After that, all the educational documents are submitted to the consul of the Republic of Poland at diplomatic or consular mission, competent for the country on which territory or in which education system the certificate was issued for the final checking.
Every document issued in a language other than Polish you should submit with a certified translation into Polish. Translation should be certified by:
• person entered into the registry of sworn translators and interpreters kept by the Polish Minister of Justice. The list of sworn translators you can find here: https://arch-bip.ms.gov.pl/pl/rejestry-i-ewidencje/tlumacze-przysiegli/lista-tlumaczy-przysieglych/search.html?City=Lublin&Language=1 or
• person registered in an equivalent function to the Polish sworn translator in a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or
• Polish consul proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued or
• diplomatic mission, accredited in Poland, or consular office proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued
Recognition of foreign secondary school certificate in Poland – make sure to have your certificate recognised. Before recognition procedure foreign secondary school certificate must be authenticated, specifically stamped with the apostille seal or legalized by the authorities of the state in the education system of which was issued.
1) Documents recognized by operation of law in Poland:
• certificate, diploma or other document issued within the education system of one of EU, EFTA or OECD member states that entitles to apply for admission to a higher education program in the state of issuance;
• IB diploma (International Baccalaureate);
• EB diploma (European Baccalaureate);
• certificates issued in countries with which Poland has signed bilateral agreements concerning the recognition of education (at present: Belarus, China, Ukraine); certificates issued under the agreements which expired will still be recognized on the basis of those agreements.
2) Documents which require recognition procedure in Poland:
• certificate, diploma or other document which is not mentioned above. Recognition of certificate is done at Province Education Superintendent (Kuratorium Oświaty) in Lublin. Applicants to BA programmes upon receiving decision of acceptance need to submit a decision of recognition from Province Education Superintendent not later than 21 October.
!!! Some important information concerning recognition of Secondary School Certificate !!!
Documents required in the recognition proceedings
Please note – is it obligatory to fix up following documents not later than 30th September:
• Application for recognition (collect in Admissions Office KUL)
• Secondary School Certificate – with apostille or legalized with copy
• Polish sworn translation of Secondary School Certificate with copy
• Copy of passport data page and visa with the original passport for inspection